October 24, 2023

NEOM and DSV establish US$10 billion logistics joint venture

  • Multi-billion-dollar leading logistics company to provide a full suite of ground, sea and air logistics services.
  • The partnership will focus on the logistics services need for NEOM, with unprecedented demand growing the JV and adding value to the local economy through services and jobs.
  • The JV will drive innovation leveraging existing R&D efforts and further push commercialization of new solutions and technologies.

NEOM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, October 24 2023 – NEOM and DSV announce a US$10 billion exclusive logistics joint venture to support the development of the ambitious projects taking shape in NEOM, Saudi Arabia. The partnership will focus on providing logistics services for NEOM in the coming years. 

Under the agreement, the joint venture will provide end-to-end supply chain management, development and investments in transport and logistics assets and infrastructure as well as transport and delivery of goods and materials within NEOM.

NEOM will hold 51% of the joint venture with DSV holding the remaining 49%.

NEOM envisions unparalleled demand for construction logistics through to December 31, 2031, with sustained growth in non-construction logistics thereafter. In addition to its impact on the logistics landscape, the venture is expected to boost the Saudi economy, through infrastructure development and creating more than 20,000 job opportunities.

Nadhmi Al-Nasr, CEO of NEOM, said: “This partnership not only shows the reality of NEOM and its vision, but also the private sector’s level of confidence to join us on this journey. The projected demand in both construction and non-construction logistics will make NEOM one of the largest customers in the world, and this partnership allows NEOM to create value from its demand. Working alongside one of the world’s leading logistics companies, the joint venture with DSV will build on expertise and know-how to drive innovation and sustainability throughout the logistics value chain. The economic benefit to this partnership will not only provide tens of thousands of jobs, but it will also enable growth to capture local and regional market share. It’s a living example of Saudi Vision 2030 in action, fostering job creation and building a future-leaning economy.”

Jens Bjørn Andersen, Group CEO, DSV, said: “NEOM is one of the largest and most complex projects in the world. It provides a unique opportunity for DSV to support a development that is at the forefront of innovation, technology and digital transformation. DSV already has a strong presence in Saudi Arabia, and this is a significant growth opportunity for us in the region and we look forward to working with NEOM Company and bringing our logistics capabilities to the table.”

NEOM and DSV are committed to driving innovation and will allocate a portion of the JV’s revenues to foster the development of groundbreaking technologies and commercialize new sustainable next-generation logistics solutions. The vision extends further by establishing a dedicated innovation center at NEOM.

The new joint venture is a significant milestone demonstrating NEOM's commitment to revolutionizing Saudi Arabia's logistics sector, and paves the way for pioneering sustainable logistics solutions, marking a new chapter in its journey towards realizing Vision 2030.